THE ACAI COLON CLEANSE DIET
Acai (pronounced ah-sa-i) is the berry of an Amazonian palm tree. This berry has a long traditional usage history in Brazil. It’s a small, round, black-purple colored fruit with a large seed which covers almost 80% of the berry. Global demand for this fruit has increased in the recent years, and this fruit is mainly cultivated for that particular purpose.
After Dr. Perricone had highlighted the acai berry as the number one antioxidant food in a famous celebrity show, The Oprah show, Oprah herself mentioned that she has decided to include acai berry in her diet. The berry was soon popular with various acai berry based weight loss plans. The acai berry is often paired with any colon cleansing product or other nutrient supplements who claim to attain weight loss.
Myths behind acai berry diet:
There isn’t a specific acai berry diet, but rather it is said to be accompanied with colon cleansing products or with other nutritional supplements who claim to enhance weight loss. Acai berry is primarily promoted for their antioxidant property which is higher than that of blueberries and grapes. The supporters of this berry claims that, this fruit helps in weight loss which will result in the general well being and vitality.
Acai berries are also said to have many other benefits. They are;
- Acai berries improves digestion
- Cleansing and detoxification of the body
- Acts as a colon cleanser
- Enhance vision
- Boosts immunity
- Reverses diabetes and other chronic diseases
- Helps cardiovascular health
- Reduce insomnia
- Slows down the ageing process
- Reduce the risk of cancer
- Reduction in appetite and greater energy levels
But, the fact is that, most of these claims cannot be supported on scientific grounds. The promoters of the so called acai berry diet claims that the berry has a combination of essential fatty acids, phytosterols and amino acids which acts together inside our body and there by enhance digestion, improves metabolism and reduce appetite.
Cons of acai berry products;
- There are no scientific studies made for the benefits of acai berry diets or products to date
- The claims made for weight loss effects are still unevaluated and have no scientific basis
- There are many reports regarding the false marketing techniques used on acai berry products in the internet
- There are many scam websites which sells inferior products and claim a high bill from the customers, even for free trials
- It’s very expensive
The acai berry, like any other fruits, does have some nutritional benefits. If dieters experience weight loss due to the intake of acai berry, it may be due to the calorie restricted diet, rather than the special effects caused by the berry. Acai berry may support general health and well being, but, it cannot be considered the sole factor for successful weight loss. However, by consuming fresh fruits, veggies, and other foods rich in antioxidants, you can enhance your health and well being.
Please click here to see some of the recommended Colon cleansing guides and ebooks.